Monday, September 22, 2008

Woo Hoo! I finally finished my Halloween wreath.
First I wraped the entire wreath with black glittery ribbon. Then for the sign I used some cardboard. I cut it to make it look all ragged. Then I finger painted the edges brown and black to make it look burnt. I also painted the Happy Halloween and spiderwebs. Next I glued the black spider bugs on the bottom right hand corner. Then I added the glitter bat stickers. Finally I added the Altmans in blood red. I attached the sign by using a hole cutter to poke holes in the top corners. Then Iused black ribbon to tie the sign to the wreath. For the flowers I really wanted black roses but didn't have any and they are kinda expensive. So I took some old red roses that I've had for a while and I painted some completely black. The others I just painted the edges black. then I glue black glitter to the edges. I also added lots of spiders and spiderwebs as well as skull heads.
and ofcourse the black crow. I just love him. Here are some other pictures of our front porch.
We will ofcourse add more stuff as Halloween gets closer. A scarecrow, a couple of pumpkins, who knows what we'll think of.

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

That wreath is too cool!!

Anonymous said...

Your wreath is FABULOUS
Totally sinister and spooky...I love all your attention to the little scary details.
Thanks for participating in the Hallowreath challenge!!
Enjoy the rest of your week
Tamy
xo

adspain said...

Awesome wreath...and so much better to do the edges with paint...I wouldn't have given it that much thought, I would've actually tried to burn it and probably started a small fire, 'cause you know, that's how I roll.