Friday, September 19, 2008

monster drawings

*Swim at Your Own Risk* black ink drawing on paper 8 x 10 inches

ok , so I have a little less than two weeks to get everything done and ready to hang at mojo burrito. I have about seven paintings I can sell but I need more stuff. So I've been drawing. It's less expensive and time consuming than painting and I do love to draw. I've been using this character that I created back in 1995 when I was a junior in high school. Our art teacher had given some students an assignment to write, illustrate, and bind their own book. I loved this idea and decided to do one myself. It took me a good two year to complete but by the time I graduated from high school it was done. It was called "The world doesn't listen, it looks". My main character was a little girl named Patrilia. That original book was unfortunately lost. Then three years later as a junior at Berry College I decided to make my senior thesis based around Patrilia. I wrote another book, very similar to the first and my art show consisted of paintings and monoprints that illustrated the story. I even had a reading where I read the book in front of the art. My dream was to turn the story into a screenplay? Isn't that what they call it when you want a book turned into a movie? Anywho, my dream was to have Tim Burton direct it. I started rewriting the story complete with a soundtrack and everything. Then I went into the coma. and lost everything I owned. SO, it seems that Patrilia will just have to live and die with me in my mind. Or will she? I wanted to draw some spooky pictures for the mojo show and didn't even intend on Patrilia being in them but it just turned out that way. so here she is...in one dangerous predicament or another.

No comments: