Tuesday, August 12, 2008

angry octopus

This is what I did today. well, this and finish a dress which I'll post later. Anywho, I was inspired by this octopus that I found in an old old book called the "the world beneath the sea" It has lots of good pictures in it but I just loved this octopus, and I've been wanting to do an angry one.He, or she is actually much pinker in person.
My working area is in the floor infront of the tv. I know, not very inspiring but I really don't have a good place to work. I have this big piece of thick fabric that I lay out and then I sit Indian style and paint. It takes me about three or four hours (including lots of breaks to stretch my legs) and then I have to quickly put everything up so the cats don't get to curious and pitter patter in the paint.
I keep all my oil paint in a little lunch box. messy messy.

No comments: