Saturday, August 30, 2008

for the love of the cards

I always thought I would enjoy working for a card company. Even when I was pretty young. Back then I thought the only card company in the world was Hallmark. So I wanted to work for Hallmark. I also wanted to work for Nickelodeon. Ofcourse the world isn't any thing like what we think it is like when we are young. I did work for a card company called "You Send Me" for a little while. They have the MOST adorable cards. I started out in packaging and finally got my own desk. I think I was a production artist. It was all the owners designs, we just added glitter and embellishments. It was a wonderful job but I was in the height of my bad decision making days and probably didn't enjoy as much as I should have. The job I have now is also wonderful although not very creative. I only work part time and have a lot of free time to draw. So for the past few years I've been drawing and sending cards to my friends who live all over. And ofcourse there was the fairy tea party invitations. Now, finally I am trying to sell these cards. I've been posting them on etsy but so far no buyers. That's ok though because I love doing it and maybe one day I'll make a sell. I've mostly been doing fairies, but I'm trying to branch out. I mean, why not? I've done a couple of Halloween cards and I have more in the make. I love Halloween. anywho, here are some of the ones I've done that are up for sale.
This one is called "I love you this much". I think it's cute. It could be for Valentine's day or just any day. I like the idea of getting something like this for no reason at all. (except for the love ofcourse)and here is another fairy. They are always fun to draw. and here is one of the Halloween cards. Isn't she cute?

No comments: