Sunday, August 24, 2008

glitter glitter everywhere!


I love glitter and I love Martha Stewart. So you can imagine my joy when I read about the "Be Inspired" Martha Stewart glitter contest. The trouble was what to do? I looked around at things I've already done with glitter. One of my favorite things is to paint glass and sprinkle glitter into the paint when it's wet, then when it dries it makes a pretty window decor. Then there are my paintings. I went through a phase where I put glitter in every painting I did. The thing is I had just come out of a five month coma at the time and those paintings were my attempts at getting my old self back. That took some time and a lot of trail and error. No, I needed a new idea. So, my husband so lovingly took me to the craft store and we walked around looking for ideas and inspiration. There are so many things to paint...then I saw it. You know those books that aren't really books, but secret hiding places. I love these books. There is a mystery about them. Well, they make them blank so that crafters can decorate them. What a wonderful thing! So I decorated mine to be like a faerie tale book. here are the pictures...

No comments: