Sunday, August 31, 2008

elegant whimsy

this is my lamp. It was my sister's lamp when we were little. Then at some point she decided she didn't like the flowers in the base so she painted it pink. Then years later I found the lamp in my parents linen closet and adopted it. I scrapped off the paint (pooryly as you can see). Then I bought a new shade for the lamp. I got one of those sticky shades from Hobby Lobby where you can decorate it yourself. So I had this fabric that I loved but it wasn't big enough. So I just patched it on there as well as I could. Then I hot glued the beaded fringe on and there you have it. I love it. My sister thinks it's tacky. To me it definetly adds some elegant whimsy to my room. At night the beads seem to just glitter with the light. What do you think?

3 comments:

David B Katague said...

Beautiful art work and etching.. Have a good day and Cheers!

Caro said...

Hello! I have just known your blog and it has impressed me really! I see that we coincide in differents things with regard to literature and art for example. I have been charmed with seeing the images of your blog, they are beautiful!i like very much vincent van gogh and the Artt, because i am a painter.

I have liked very much the photos are they realized by you?

I am sure of turn to visit your interesting blog providing that it could and if you allow it to me invite you to that you visit my blog . I am going to put a link in my blog with your direction of blog if you allow it to me. A greeting!

Laura Bray said...

Definately Elegant Whimsy! Thanks for playing along!