Friday, August 8, 2008

Lemon Cake

Ok, so I finally finished the lemon cake. I went with my mom's recipe, which is:
  • Use cake mix to make lemon cake in a 13 x 9 pan
  • Mix small box of lemon pudding with 2 cups of milk
  • After cake cools poke boocoos of holes in cake
  • Save a small amount of pudding to mix with a small container of whip cream to use for icing

The thing is I decided my friend will only have two days to eat on this cake so I thought it would be a good idea to make two little round cakes. One for her and one for me. I did everything the way mom said but for some reason when I mixed the milk and pudding it made, well pudding. For some reason I was thinking it would be runnier. Instead it was pretty thick which made it hard to get it down into the holes. perhaps my holes werent' big enough. At any rate I ended up with tons of leftover pudding. So instead of adding a little bit to the whip cream I added a little bit of whip cream to the pudding. Then it seemed to be runnier so icing the cake seemed out of the question. So I just sort of dripped it on top then smoothed it out. Creating a drooping dripping effect on the sides of the cake. I haven't tasted the whole thing together but the icing was delicious. I'm thinking of putting a few mint leaves on top of hers just to give it alittle personality. But for now they both look kinda messy.

See what I mean. Well hopefully they will taste ok. Unfortunatly all I want right now is some chocolate. Oh, why didn't I make a chocolate cake? I NEED CHOCOLATE. oh well. I think I still have some left over icing. :)

No comments: