Sunday, August 17, 2008

becky susanne

that's it. that's my etsy store name. OK, so now I have eight items posted. I'm finding it very difficult to price things. I started out at $5 a card because they are all handmade and it takes me about an hour and a half to do one. Then I felt like no one would pay that much so I took it down to $3 and now I'm thinking gosh, that's a lot of work for $3. The problem is I know that there are people in the world who have money and can spend it, I'm just not one of them so it's hard to imagine spending money on something like a card. I usually always make my own or I buy the 99 cent ones. So, what do I do? I've also always felt strongly about selling art that real people can afford. Kinda like Folk Art for REAL FOLK. Real folk live paycheck to paycheck and just can't afford to be frivolous. So shouldn't they have the chance to buy art and not feel guilty about it? So I guess I'm sticking with three dollars and probably should charge even less. The problem is I gotta eat too ya know. starving artist never made so much sense. ha.

No comments: